A This a perfert combination of 3 days3 nights circular Toubkal trek which will take you through the Azzaden valley and over Tizi n Agelzim peak before you climb the Mout Toubkal and a 4days Erg Chebbi & Ait benhaddou kasbahs Desert trip.
I think this is the best way to do those 2 regions if you have enough time because :
· 3 days Mount Toubkal will allow you to acclimatize with Altitude before you climb toubkal peak on day 3 instead of what most of peoples do ( 2 days going up and back down same way).
· 4days desert trip will allow you to take enough time to visit lot of places on the way such as Ait Benhaddou kasbahs and drive long the dirt road of Assif n Ounilla and visit the famous Glaoui kasbah in Telouet which all the peoples who take 3 days /2 nights miss to do it.
7 Day 6 nightMt Toubkal Ascent Trek + Desert tour
Day 1: After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,780m), you will set off an a 6 hour trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley. Along the way you will pass Tizi N’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tansoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge at 3,000m
Day 2: Today involves a fairly stiff climb out of the Azzadene Valley to the Toubkal Refuge over the Aguelzim Mountain pass at 3,560m. Lunch will be taken with spectacular views over the Atlas Mountain Range. Overnight in the Toubkal Refuge (Niltner Hut) where you’ll likely be sharing a bunk room with other trekkers tackling Toubkal early the next morning
Day 3: Up early for the climb up Toubkal (4,167m) from where, clouds allowing, you’ll have wonderful views over the Atlas Range and the Sahara Desert then a long way back down past the refuge and the well-worn path back to Imlil. This is a fairly long day with 8-9 hours of trekking, involving 900m up then almost 2,500m back down to Imlil for the night .
Day 4: Imlil – Dades Valley
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Imlil at 9.00am and head out over the Atlas Mountains, driving over the stunning Tizi-n-Tichka mountain pass. You’ll pass through lots of Berber villages, and once you’re in the desert, you’ll see riverside oases and barren hillsides dotted with kasbahs (fortified dwellings that house families and their livestock). Along the way, you will have the option either to take a break and visit the Ouarzazate Film Studios or stop for a hike. Once you reach Dades Gorge, you have the option of going for a hike, or relaxing at your hotel. Overnight in Dades. (Total driving time 4 – 5 hours)
Day 5: Dades Valley – Todra gorge – Merzouga
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer from the Dades Valley to Todra Gorge – a massive fault dividing the High Atlas mountains, rising up 300 metres in a narrow valley with palmeries and Berber villages. Here, you can go for a hike to explore the palmery, a green oasis full of large date palms. After lunch you’ll head further into the desert to the gateway town of Merzouga to pick up supplies for your desert trip. You will then drive on to a kasbah to pick up your camel. At sunset, you’ll trek for an hour-and-a-half by camel to a Berber camp where you will enjoy a traditional Moroccan dinner, and sleep under the stars or in tents at a desert camp. (Total driving time 3 – 4 hours
Day 6: Merzouga – Ait Benhaddou
Wake to a desert sunrise and then return to the kasbah by camel. You will then have a chance to freshen up and enjoy a breakfast. Once you are refreshed, you will head out of the desert for a drive to Ait Benhaddou. This is an ancient fortified city containing countless kasbahs and has been the atmospheric subject of numerous hollywood movies (The Mummy, Gladiator, Alexander, Lawrence of Arabia…) You will have the chance to walk around the buildings and explore with your guide. You will overnight in a hotel close to Ait Benhaddou. (Total driving time 5 – 6 hours)
Day 7: Ait Benhaddou – Marrakech
Travel along the Ounilla Valley to the Telouet Kasbah, a crumbling kasbah that was once an important stop for traders. Explore the Kasbah and then after lunch, you will head back over the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass to Marrakech (Total driving time 2 – 3 hours).
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 580êurosp/p£/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 520euros£/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 460euros£/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + , coffee and tea
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel )
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- Guest houses
- Hotels and Riads in Marrakech
- Camel raiding in merzouga
- Night in nomade tents in desert
Not included :
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- mineral water and soflts drinks
departure every sunday or when a group is complete