During the Berber Village Exploring you will spend 2 days with the Berber people of the Atlas Mountains. Your journey will start in the beautiful Imnane Valley, with its terraces and small towns set into the hillsides.
The Berber people are a very ancient people that predate the arrival of the Arabs and Islam. Their lifestyles have grown in harmony with their beautiful, but severe environment. Berber food has kept them strong for the mountains: it consists of breads, soups and barley products in the main – and only the Berbers themselves can make it. Many Berbers make their homes from pise, which is a combination of stone and mud, for their families, which tend to be large.
Day 1 : Imlil (1740 m) – Tizi n’Tamatert (2279m) – Tinghourine
Depart from imlil at 1740m you will cross Tamatert village and pass tizi n’Tamatert at 2279m with a lovely view over the Imnane and Imlil valleys and summit of Oukaaimden. Then you will continue down to the Tinghourine village where you will camp at 1750m.
3 hours walking
Day 2 : Tinghourine – Ikiss – Tizi n’Ougrssiwal – Agersiwal
After breakfast depart via Ikiss village in Imnane valley, cross the river to climb to Tizi n’Ougrsiwalat at 2100m, enjoy the great view over high atlas, Toubkal and Matat village also a great view over Imlil valley. Continue down to Agrssiwal village for lunch next to the river and transfer to Marrakech .
5 hours walking
- All food on trek, including plates, cups, utensils.
- All ground transport required to and from the trek.
- Services of an English speaking, qualified Local Guide.
- All Accommodation during the Trek (one night in campsite).
- Portages (Cook and Mules and Porters).
- Soft Drinks (Fanta,Coca,water,…)
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal equipments (Sleeping bags,walking shoes ,…)
- Tip for the guide and cook and driver and Muleteers
Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single
Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
Note about payment
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
2 – 4 People 130 € Per Person
5 – 10 People 115 € Per Person