Trekking at Jebel Ayachi – 8 days
Wild beauty of an isolated solid mass. Departing from FES or MARRAKECH, you will discover the nomads country where you will certainly plunge in an ocean of nature and good feelings.
DAY 01 : Arrival at Fes/Marrakech – Reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
DAY O2 : Fes/Marrakech – Beni Mellal – Middle Atlas – Tounfite – Valley of Ait Lahsen Ansegmir (1820m) :
– from fez : at 08:00, departure by minibus or taxi via Ifrane, Azrou and Boumia, to reach Tounfite.
– From Marrakech : at 07:00, departure by minibus or taxi, road towards Blessed Mellal, then junction towards the mountain road, lunch at Boumia (of the roasted meat) then continuation towards Tounfite by a mountain road on the large plateau of Moulwiya just in front of Jebel Ayachi, our last walks before arriving at the camp which will be installed far from Tounfite city by the rivers of Ait Lahsen, Asengmir and Tourha N’Ait Moussa (1820m), not far from Jebel Maaskar (3200m).Duration: 4h road from Fes. Duration: 7h road from Marrakech.
DAY 03 : Valley of Ait Lahsen – Talaat N’Seksou – Valley of Tourha n’ait Bouarbi – Ait Cherrad- Ait Abdelfadel – Camp (1890 m) :
Our first stage will start at 8:00, loading of our mules, direction the mountain of Talaat Seksou (2130m), a rise in the morning, followed by a descent towards the valley of Bou Isly which joined the valley of Tougha n’ait Bou Arbi, through a forest and a splendid landscape of mountain we join the village of Ait Cherrad, we follow the valley of Ait Bou Arbi, on our left we find the mountain of Jebel Tadrart 3235 m, our camp will be installed in the valley of Tasflalait. Duration: 5h30 of walk
DAY 04 : Tasflalait valley – Lougagh Villages – Massou (2020m) – Mendaiwar (2100m) – camp :
A beautiful stage awaits us, discovery of the beautiful villages of Tasflalait valley, the broad plates of the well populated valley, irrigated, green.There, the inhabitants cultivate especially potatos, apple trees, walnut trees, in fact, it is a rich fertile ground, the Berbers live in particular of breeding. All the day we will walk in the valley through fields.Lunch will be next to the village of Massou Night near the Village of Mendaiwar. 5h30 of walk
DAY 05 : Valley of Taaraart – Sheep-fold of Iblilou – Camp (2450m) :
From the village of Mendaiwar, we follow the valley of Taarart, the last village is far of 2200m, village of Taarart, with 2 hours of walk the jebel Ayachi will be not far, the sheep-folds will replace the villages, it will be cold becausethe height-level is more than 2400m, we are then in a narrow wild valley between the 3747 m of Jebel Ayachi on the left and the 3400m of Jebel Maoutfoud on the right.Small stage of 4h30, lunch at the end of the stage, we leave the valley of Taarart to follow a peak which goes up by sheep-folds, we camp from our mules to approach the top since we will not have mules during the day ascension, we will be satisfied with picnic and cold meals. Duration: 4h30 of walk
DAY 06 : Sheep-fold Iblilou (2450m) – Ayachi summit (3747m) – Sources of Aqua n’Bou Oustour (2700m) :
as far as the height-level is concerned,it will be the most important day.We will not follow any mule track,an experience in the mountain is mandatory; the ascension at the top remains optional, it is a summit that requires a good physical condition, 3h30 to 4h30 to climb the summit,then we will have a great sight on the valleys of the northern slope. A small rest than we go down easily on a long peak without too much difficulty, we join our muleteers, tea will be served at the arrival, our camp will be installed next to the sheep-folds which are open in the summer and the autumn (in April, May, snow and the cold do not allow the installation of the transhumants). Duration: 7:00 of walk
DAY 07 : Aqua n’Bou Oustour – Tadaout n’Oudi – return towards Taarart valley – Tagudit – Tounfite – Fes/Marrakech – Hotel Early descent to Taarart valley then a local van will take us along Tasflalait valley to join Tagoudite valley where our taxi or minibus will await us to take us along via Tounfite, Boumia, Beni Mellal, Marrakech. Duration: 8h of road (4h for Fes).
DAY 08 : departure to airoport
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 880êurosp/p£/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 785euros£/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 635euros£/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + , coffee and tea
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel )
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
Not included :
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- mineral water and soflts drinks
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 30 EUR p.p. twin/40 Euros single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
departure every sunday or when a group is complete