The Atlantic Coast trek, Morocco follows the beach and dunes in a northerly direction for 5 days. We journey along the shore from Imessouane to Essaouira, sometimes heading inland to explore the sand dunes, buildings of historical interest, through the undergrowth of Thuya, Euphorbia and Argan trees. We will also visit pretty Moroccan fishing villages and follow the ancient caravan routes of the Portuguese.
Camel trek along the Atlantic coastline 5 days with camels
Day 1: Arrival in Marrakech: Meet our staff team at the airport and transferred to the 3 star hotel.
Day 2: Marrakech – Tafdna: Transfer by minibus, coach or Land Rover to Tafna, passing through Chichaoua and Ounara. Lunch stop en route. We then continue on through the Haha area, the Argan tree capital, arriving at the fishing port of Tafna where we meet up with our camel drivers. « Test day » for camel riding. Evening in Bivouac on a sandy beach in Tafna.
Day 3: Tafna – Sidi Hamad Saeih: Once loaded the caravan will set off, passing over Cape Tafelny via the plateau and then drop down to the beach of Sidi Hamad Saeih, where we pitch our tents for the night. 6hr walk.
Day 4: Sidi Hamad Saeih – Sidi Mbarek: Our road follows the coast, either along the beach or across the higher plain (depending on wind conditions). Camp at Marabout Sidi Mbarek. 4hr walk.
Day 5: Sidi Mbarek – Sidi Kaouki: Start the day toward Sidi Kaouki, crossing the protected fishing village and the sea caves of Cape Sim. Around Cape Sim, the town of Essaouira appears in the distance . We arrive there in the afternoon to have a well-earned rest and spend the night in a comfortable hotel or riad. 6hr walk.
Day 6: Sidi Kaouki – Essaouira: Meet our team at the airport and transferred to the 3 star hotel.
Day 7: Essaouira: Tour of the town of Essaouira, an ancient Portuguese port, followed by lunch at a quayside restaurant where you can sample all types of fish and shellfish. Afternoon transfer to Marrakech and overnight in a hotel. Explore the Medina and shop in the souks.
Day 8: Marrakech – Home: Transfer to the airport.
- Group 1 person 860 euros : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 570êurosp/p£/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 480euros£/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 395euros£/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Camels for luggages
- Full board on trek + , coffee and tea
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel )
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- mineral water and soflts drinks
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 30 EUR p.p. twin/40 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (at the beach Treks).
departure every sunday or when a group is complete