Arrive in Marrakech and enjoy a free day. Spend the night in a local riad.
Transfer from Marrakech to the bountiful Aït Bou Guemez Valley (1850m), known to the French as the “Happy Valley”. Spend the night in a local gite. 4 to 5 hours transfer, approximately.
We begin our trek by leaving behind the Aït Bou Guemez Valley, climbing gently through the narrow Arous Valley, and passing through the village of Aït Sayd, to reach the pastures of Azib n’Ikkis (2200m). Lovely views of Ighil Mgoun already lie ahead. We either camp on the pastures or spend the night in a local gite, depending on the season. 4 hours walking, approximately.
We climb steeply to cross two passes in quick succession, Tizi n’Oumskiyq (2909m) and Aghouri Est (3400m), both of which offer wonderful, far-reaching views, before descending to the vast expanse of the Tarkeddid Plateau (2900m). We spend the night in the refuge. 5 hours walking, approximately.
Today we ascend Ighil n’Oumsoud (4068m), the summit of Ighil Mgoun, making an early, pre-dawn departure from the refuge. The climb itself is demanding but the views all around and towards the Sahara are quite amazing and absolutely worth the effort. We descend into the broad Oulilimt Valley where we camp for the night. 8 hours walking, approximately.
We follow the Oulilimt Valley, alternately climbing its banks to gain wonderful views and dropping to walk along the riverbed, until we reach the isolated ruin of Tighremt n’Aït Ahmed (2235m). We camp beside this ancient monument on the banks of the river. 5 hours walking, approximately.
We leave Tighremt n’Aït Ahmed and climb steeply to cross a final pass, Tizi n’Aït Imi (2905m). Here we pause to enjoy the panoramic views in all directions before descending once more to the Aït Bou Guemez Valley. We spend the night in a local gite. 5.5 hours walking, approximately.
We transfer to Marrakech and enjoy some free time with the option of exploring this wonderful city. Spend your final night night in your riad. 4 to 5 hours transfer, approximately.
Day 9: Depart from Marrakech.
The price par person
4— 8 peoples 480 Euros each person
9—-16 peoples 420 Euros each person
- All food on trek, including plates, cups, utensils.
- All ground transport required to and from the trek.
- Services of an English speaking, qualified Local Guide.
- All Accommodation during the Trek (Campsites & Guest House and hotels ).
- Portages (Cook and Camels and Porters).
- Hôtels or riads with breakfast
- Soft Drinks (Fanta,Coca,water,…)
- Personal travel insurance .
- Personal equipments (Sleeping bags,walking shoes ,…)
- Tip for the guide and cook and driver and Muleteers
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
NOTE ABOUT PAYMENT
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD